Sunday, March 06, 2005

Geronimo!

Today has been a sort of lazy day, as far as Sundays go. We decided to forego church today to make absolutely sure we're not going to pass anything along. Basically today consisted of, well, trying to avoid going anywhere.... In which I think we were pretty successful, with the exception of Billy, who decided he would get pizza tonight, and who also thought he had to drive in to Detroit to help fix a problem his co-worker was having trouble with. He ended up not having to go, but made it to M-59 before finding this out.

I did the Beginner Workout Plus (BWO+) today. I am still off on my form with the T-tapp Twist, so I guess I'm going to have to pull out a mirror. I can't get my shoulders square when I reach down.

Billy sent me out to ride again, so I did. The snow melting has made things slushy and slippery, so again it was just a ride at the walk--which is okay, because Trinity needs a lot of work near the road. Everything was fine except the emergency dismount I took near the end of my ride (hence the "Geronimo!" title to this entry). I was over in the spooky corner nearest our road when I heard a growl. Snowmobiles. Once I discerned they were, indeed, heading this way, I felt I had to get off--and fast. I know what she would've done had a truck chosen that moment to drive by. I am pretty sure I knew that a snowmobile screaming past us wasn't going to mean anything but my horse skating away, with or without me doing a faceplant on the ground. I tried to get off, but my leg wouldn't swing free for some reason. I tried again and got off just before the snowmobile zoomed by. As I suspected, Trinity freaked out, but I'm not sure if she would've been as spooked had I stayed on and not made such a panicked jump... but that was a chance I wasn't willing to take. I am happy, though, because I got back on by standing on the fallen tree (which is in the spooky corner). She stood totally still for me to get on. I was so proud!!

I am totally baffled by the snowmobile, though. The road was totally dirt, and it seemed like a dumb idea to be driving down it so fast. Dirt = no good for normal snowmobiles.

I also pulled Trinity's mane (a.k.a. made it shorter by actually pulling it out. No, it doesn't hurt.... but it sure does tick my horse off) She was sort of angry with me by the end of it, so we'll have to work on it. I had to resort to the Solo Comb just to try to even it up. The Solo Comb is a comb that has a blade on it that you use to cut and thin the longest pieces of hair. Pretty boring, but it was cool to finally use it and to clean up her mane. I guess it would've been easier if the barn wasn't flooded and I could've gotten Trinity to stand in the deepest section of water--where she would've been square in the crossties. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, I guess.

Hunter is feeling better, but still not "going" regularly. He is happier and staying awake for longer periods, so hopefully he's getting over it. Poor baby.

No comments: