Those are beautiful words, as long as you got the cash-ola to do it. With Hunter's (/Lucas/Becki) party tomorrow, we decided to shop. And not even for things that would've made complete sense, in context of a party.
First stop: Marshall Field's. Why? Because I had a $150 gift card and a five-year-old $50 gift certificate to use. I decided I wanted a new coffeemaker, one that grinds and brews. There was a Cuisinart one for $30 off. Still expensive, but what else am I gonna buy for $150 at Marshall Field's?? I also got a workout outfit for the clinic I'm going to next weekend. And I only had to shell out $20 out of my own pocket.
Then we went to buy vacuum cleaner bags. Exciting.
We stopped by Art Van to pick out a coffee table or something where we could store our blankets. It didn't take us long to decide on something.... not a coffee table, but a trunk. We can't use the trunk as a table, per se, but it is to be an heirloom piece--so that's okay.
Tonight I went to Wal-Mart with Melinda, and was only partially successful. I really was trying to find a toy box for Logan's room, as well as some Rubbermaid bins to pack away too-small kids' clothes, but there wasn't any to be found there. I may end up at Meijer's before the night is up. I was just trying to pick up his room!!! I did get to see Alicia, her little sister, her mom, and her grandma.... which is always cool!
It was fun to shop... but at the end of the day, I didn't feel like I was all that successful. The coffeemaker is cool, though.
....and then there were 5.
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment